Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Arcadia!!

Arcadia turned 3 last Friday. Wow how time flies. I can remember the day I found out I was pregnant with her and it seems like yesterday, but here we are 3 years later. She started off the day with the tradition of waking up to balloons on her floor. My parents did this for me and I decided it was a fun tradition to do with our girls. We didn't have much planned for the day because Mekensy was sick and I didn't want her out. We hung out at home and played with some of her toys and watched movies. When Richard got home I took her to pick out a movie and some treats. Much to Richard's dismay she picked out "Barbie and the Twelve Dancing Princesses". We then let her open her gifts from us. We made her close her eyes while Richard wheeled Mekensy in on the new wagon.

We then ordered pizza and watched the movie after Mekensy went to bed. Arcadia doesn't get to stay up late unless we are out so it was fun for her to stay up when Mekensy had to go to bed. She loved the wagon and insisted on watching the movie in it. And if Richard thought he would get out of watching the movie by falling asleep he was wrong. Arcadia kept checking on us to see if we were watching and if we weren't we were in trouble.

We hope she had a fun day and knows how much we love her. We can't imagine our lives without her, other than they would be much quieter. We love all of the energy she brings to our family and look forward to many more fun birthdays. We love you Arcadia!!

1 comment:

Rick and Danee said...

Ricky got a wagon almost identical to that one for his birthday! His has a canopy top though.