Monday, September 14, 2009

I Heart New York!

As a surprise for my birthday Richard took me to New York. I have wanted to go there for as long as I can remember. For our six years of married life every vacation we have gone on has involved water and sand. Two things that I don't care much for so I told him that I was not going anywhere that involved the two until I have been to New York. Much to my surprise he listened and now I can blog about it! We had an amazing time seeing all there is to see in New York City.

Our trip started off a little rocky when we sat on the plane at the gate in Salt Lake for almost 2 hours before they decided that the plane was not working and we had to get off. We ended up catching a flight about an hour later and much to our dismay we arrived in New York, but our luggage didn't. After a 12 hour fight the hotel finally tracked down our bags and we were free to enjoy our stay.

I'm just going to give you run down of all the things we did and post some pictures at the end. There is so much to see and do in New York it was amazing. We saw The Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, The Empire State Building, Ground Zero, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Serendipity Restaurant, the Hello Deli, Yankees game, Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Times Square, Wall Street, riding the Subway, Trump Building, pizza, Mary Poppins, Jersey Boys, NY city cops (which everyone gets pictures with, except us!), Arcade games at Dave and Busters, and nightly stops at the 7 Eleven. I'm sure there was so much more, but I can't remember it all!

Thanks for taking me Rich. It was a great surprise. I had a great time spending time with you and getting a break from my kids. Thanks to my Mom and Dad and Richard's Mom and Dad for watching our girls. They also had a great vacation with out us!

2 comments:

Lorilyn said...

I LOVE New York too! We were able to stay right in Manhattan and it was incredible! Sounds like you had fun! Did you go to the top of the Empire State building? We waited in line for around 2 hours in the evening! It was worth it though :)

Rick and Danee said...

I went 10 days after 9/11 and so we didn't get to see the Statue of Liberty or Empire State Building but we did get to go to the first Yankees home game after the attack and it was incredible. We had a close call with a "taxi" driver afterwards too. We also got to eat dinner with what I'm sure were a bunch of Mafia guys. New York is amazing! I'm glad you had a great time!