We had a fun and very crazy Thanksgiving. Just imagine an 8 year old, a 5 year old, a 2 1/2 year old, a 1 year old, a 3 month old, and four adults in one house for a week. I could never imagine a house so loud, not to mention the amount of toilet paper you go through. Richard's cousin and his family from Yuma, Arizona came up for Thanksgiving. We were so happy to have them come to stay. We had a great time going up Little Cottonwood Canyon to show the Arizona kids some snow. The only problem was that when you are not around ice very often, or ever, you don't really know how to walk on it and the 8 year old boy took quite a slip and fall on the ice. Needless to say he doesn't like the snow. We also went to the Childrens Museum. They had a great time playing and discovering new things. The Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Pointe was fun. I did have to make a quick run for the door when I saw the sand at the end. I picked Arcadia up and booked it out of there before she even realized what was there. Poor Mason and Madison already had their shoes and socks off and had to quickly put them back on. I am a really mean mom who does not want to clean sand out of places where sand does not belong.
We had all of Richard's family here for Thanksgiving dinner. It was nice, but cooking for 20 people for the first time was a bit overwhelming. So much so that the yams I had made especially for Richard's Grandma never even made it to the oven. OOPS! Then all of the girls snuck out of the house to head to Richard's Mom's to decorate a new Christmas tree for her. We thought we would surprise her with a new tree for Christmas. Since Richard's brother passed away we have been trying to change things up a bit for the holidays and we thought this would be nice for Christmas. It was the perfect tree, decorated in purple and green, and if anyone knows Jeanne she really likes purple. We hope she enjoys it and knows how much we love her.
All in all we had a great week with our family and friends. We are so glad we were able to have Richard's cousins come stay. We hope we can all get together soon!! Maybe we will get lucky and the Utes will get to go to the Fiesta Bowl and we can meet up then. Warm weather sounds nice to me. We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!
P.S. Miles if you read this we really didn't like the parting gift you left on our car. I'm sure the people driving behind me were wondering why I would have a U of U lisence plate and cover only to put a yucky BYU sticker on the bumper.
9 years ago
2 comments:
Well the doll is still alive. lol And you should put a picture up of the bumper sticker on the car up.
Hey guys! Finally got around to looking up your blog! I agree with your cousin putting the BYU sticker on your license though. We'll be calling you soon about baby!
Post a Comment