Wow! I think this must have been our craziest Christmas season yet. With parties, preschool programs, shopping, and the holidays themselves I am wondering where all the time went. Arcadia had a preschool program where they sang "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" and "Rudolph the Rednosed Reigndeer". I must say that I am really tired of hearing that song and even two weeks after Christmas she is singing it to anyone who will listen! Mekensy started walking, which has been great and also horrible. She is now able to get into even more and when I try to escape a room for a moment of peace she is right behind me.
We had a great Christmas. We had a fun time seeing all of my family at our annual Winn Family Christmas Eve party. It was so fun to see all of the little kids playing together. There are 11 kids and 9 of them are 3 years old and younger. It was a bittersweet time because my Grandma was not able to make the trip up from St. George and that day we had heard that she was not doing well. On Christmas morning the girls loved seeing what Santa left for them. Well, at least Arcadia did. Mekensy didn't care at all. We then had breakfast at my Aunt's house and got the sad news that my Grandma had passed away that morning. It made for a sad Christmas, but knowing that she was able to spend Christmas with my Grandpa and not be alone was comforting. We opened gifts with my family then had Christmas Dinner and opened gifts with Richard's family.
We had my grandma's funeral just after New Years. It was a wonderful tribute to her. I miss her so much and I hope she knows how much she meant to me. I am so grateful for the gospel and even though having a loved one die at Christmas time is hard it really makes you think about Christ and that because of Him we can see them again. So all in all it made for a good Christmas. Let's just hope next year isn't as crazy. We hope all of you had a great Christmas. I will hopefully post pics soon!
9 years ago
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a great holiday. I am so sorry to hear about your grandma! That is such a sad way to celebrat the holiday. I hope all going well for you and the fam!
Post a Comment