Monday, September 1, 2008

Family of Four!

Mekensy was born on Tuesday, August 26. It was a very quick delivery which was great for me, well except for the fact that I didn't get an epidural until I was fully dialated and pushing. So if anyone would like to know what natural delivery is like I have a pretty good idea! Mekensy was born at 2:58pm, she weighed 7lbs. 10oz. and was 21 inches long. She looks just like Arcadia (just a little bigger) but she has dark hair. She is doing great. She sleeps most of the time and wakes up every 3 hours on the dot to eat and then it is back to sleep. Arcadia is being a great big sister and wants to hold her, kiss her and poke her in the face! We definitely have to watch her closely. We are so excited for our new addition to our family. Richard has been such a great help and I am really not looking forward to him going back to work on Tuesday. I couldn't do any of this without him! He is a great Dad and husband!!











My sister, Staci, gave Arcadia a Cinderella dress up that came with all of the things a princess could want and trying to get it off of her was not easy. Every nurse that came in was quickly greeted by Arcadia annoucing that she had her "rella" on! Thank you to everyone who made this a good experience for Arcadia.



3 comments:

Ashley said...

She's a cutie, and I loved seeing Arcadia dressed up in her Cinderella costume. Too cute! It was fun to see you the other day!

Erika said...

SO CUTE! Congrats to you all. I love that Arcadia was dressed up, gotta keep their minds on something!

Clowardfamily said...

Amanda she is so cute! I can't wait to see her in person. If only I hadn't gotten sick the week she was born. I love the Cinderella costume. We really need to get our two year old girls together for a playdate as seeing Arcadia and the things she loves reminds me of Brakelle. We will call to set up a time to see baby! Congratulations to you, Richard, and Arcadia. Love, The Cloward's